Using spreadsheets to track Opportunities is a cumbersome and time consuming task. Most established and growing organizations today are moving away from traditional approaches of opportunity management and are adopting technology to streamline this process.
One of our esteemed customers also had a similar requirement – they wanted to deploy a web-based, interactive and robust platform to manage their booked and to-be booked opportunities across their process groups spread across multiple locations.
Consolidating those details on a day-to-day basis and generating reports in a presentable format was a huge challenge for the Operations and the Finance team.
As part of the Operations team, we were given a chance to provide a proof of concept to replace the manual process with an automated tool. We had limited time and resources to demonstrate a live working model within 2 weeks.
I had to single-handedly coordinate with team leads across business units to gather the business requirements and work with our team to develop a web based solution on Linux platform in less than 2 weeks.
It gives me immense satisfaction to state that I was able to successfully deploy the tool within the expected timeframe.
Key Features of the tool:
- A web-based, centralized repository of Opportunities booked by client process consultants from diverse practices like Retail, Finance, Mfg, Service Providers, Public Sector and Innovations, across the globe
- Sophisticated Search and Edit features
- Email alerts on additions and updates to opportunity owners and users who submit an opportunity
- On demand and push reporting with Excel download options, which helps Ops leads to download reports and present the status and progress in their weekly meetings
- Developed using J2EE and Oracle technologies
Sunil Vytle is an IT Developer, BSI team