HADOOP’S MOMENTUM IS UNSTOPPABLE

Divide and conquer: That’s the simple truth of Hadoop. At its core, Hadoop is a distributed file system and distributed MapReduce processing framework that both stores and processes data by dividing workloads across three, five, or thousands of servers. Forrester defines a big data Hadoop solution as:

A distributed data platform that includes, extends, and augments Apache Hadoop (Common, HDFS, YARN, MapReduce) as a core component of the solution, supports Hadoop-related projects, and adds differentiated features that make it attractive to enterprises.

Hadoop is unstoppable as its open source roots grow wildly and deeply into enterprise data management architectures. Its refreshingly unique approach to data management is transforming how companies store, process, analyze, and share data of any size and structure. Forrester believes that Hadoop is a must-have data platform for large enterprises, forming the cornerstone of any flexible future data management platform.1 If you have lots of structured, unstructured, and/or binary data, there is a sweet spot for Hadoop in your organization.

Hadoop Is a solution To The problem Of Big Data

In a recent Forrester survey, technology executives and decision-makers ranked data-related projects at the top of their list for importance and investment.2 Why? Companies seek deeper insights from the massive amount of structured, unstructured, semistructured, and binary data at their disposal in order to dramatically improve business outcomes. Hadoop can help here by:

  • Capturing and storing all data for all business functions. Most firms estimate that they are only analyzing 12% of the data that they already have, leaving 88% of it on the cutting-room floor.3 Repressive data silos and a lack of analytics capabilities are key reasons for this.
  • Supporting advanced analytics capabilities. Traditional business intelligence (BI) tools can benefit from big data, but firms also want to use advanced visualization tools and predictive analytics to explore data in new ways and discover new patterns.
  • Sharing customer data quickly and generously with all those who need it. Organizations can use big data to dramatically improve virtually every function of the business, including product research, design, and development; advertising and marketing management; sales; and the customer experience
  • Continuously accommodating greater data volumes and new data sources. Your internal applications as well as public sources like social media, mobile platforms, and data services are generating an onslaught of new data.
Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


+ 8 = fifteen

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>